Tuesday, August 18, 2015

An Open Letter to Sleep


Catherine Sugrue, CNP
Holistic Nutritionist

Dear Sleep,

Listen, I know you and I have never really been the best of friends.  I get it.  We just haven’t really seen eye to eye all of these years.  This pains me because I know you’re super important for resetting my metabolism, I do.  I understand the role you play in making my brain work properly and in the healing and repairing process of my heart and blood vessels.  I know that you help to balance my hormones and that you keep my immune system in check.  I also accept that without you, I wouldn’t be able to function during the day and that I would be at a higher risk for heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney disease and even stroke.

I just wanted to let you know that I’m ready to build a solid relationship with you.  Actually, I’m putting forth quite an effort these days and I think you would be proud.  Each night, I have been taking Veeva’s Theanine & Magnesium with B Happy Complex half an hour before bed to relax.  And then, after I’m done washing my face and brushing my teeth, I take the Veeva Sleep Blend Aromatherapy Roll-on and rub it behind my ears and onto my wrists and then breathe in deeply.  And guess what?  It’s working. 

So, what I’m saying is, I’m ready to accept you into my life wholeheartedly… if you’ll have me.

In health,

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment