Wednesday, August 12, 2015

3 Step Strategy for Dealing with a Sleepless Night


Ellie Steele, RHN
ACEP Certified EFT Practitioner

We all deal with the occasional bout of insomnia, but even one sleepless night takes it’s toll on your health in the form of higher cortisol levels, more cravings for junk food and less energy to meet the demands of your day or your fitness regimen.

As soon as I notice that I’m not falling asleep as easily as I normally do, or if I wake up in the middle of the night and realize going right back to sleep is going to be a challenge I do these three things, and knock on wood, they usually work.

  1. Turning on as few lights as possible, I get up and I take two Veeva Stress capsules.  The Cyracos Lemon Balm in Veeva is clinically proven to reduce sleep disorders by 60% over a placebo.
  2. I take a few pellets of a homeopathic remedy for overactive mind called Coffea Cruda.  If you’re the type to have “monkey mind” that just won’t shut up, this might be a good remedy for you as well, but to get the best remedy for you, consult a registered homeopath.
  3. I pop in a set of earbuds, go back to bed and listen to some sort of guided meditation audio (again being careful not to let the blue light of my Ipod hit my eyes too much).  

That’s it!  Try it and let me know if this approach works for you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment