Monday, April 6, 2015

My 80/20 Life


Catherine Sugrue, CNP
Holistic Nutritionist

In business, the Pareto Principle states that 80% of your outcomes are derived from 20% of your inputs, or more specifically, 80% of effects come from 20% of causes.

For example, 80% of your sales will come from 20% of your clients.

I think this applies to more than just business, it can also relate to your health. What does this mean exactly? Well, most of your profits will come from what you’re putting in. 80% of the success that I have with my health is due to the 20% wiggle room I allow for myself. 

The key lies in continued moderation.

The 80/20 life for me, means that most of the time I’m making strict decisions based on my own health so that sometimes I can stray from them. Why? Because it keeps me on track, it stops my cravings and allows for me to work towards my goals, knowing that I’m not always limiting myself.

 My completely healthy 80% is so much easier to attain when I know that I have a little bit of leniency 20% of the time, eliminating guilt and added pressure. Guilt will stop you from enjoying any type of food. If you’re already anxious about what you’re eating, you won’t digest it properly, healthy or otherwise.


Now, I’m not saying that you need to go out and binge on dirty fast food. There are lots of great ways to stay on track during your 20% by continuing to make somewhat health-conscious choices about what you’re putting in your body, without feeling that there have been sacrifices made. So, what I truly believe is that 80% of the time you can eat what’s ideal for your body because 20% of the time you’re eating what’s good for your soul. "


No comments:

Post a Comment