Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Fifth Universal Law of Happiness

Love and accept yourself exactly as you are.

Until you learn and master this law, you will never be truly happy. You need to love and appreciate yourself, your body and your soul, as what you don’t appreciate, you are going to lose. This I know from a personal experience.

For many years while in my twenties I was told by strangers and friends that I should model. Eventually I did just that for fa ew years in New York City. I ate right, worked out a lot, and I still was too big at size 4 for many castings. I was convinced that I was fat, needed to lose weight and this was supported by a few agents who expressed the same point of view.

So convinced I became that I was not in a good shape, that I never felt comfortable taking a photo of myself on the beach in a bikini, and I was always focused on losing weight. When I would eat something sweet, I would feel very guilty about it. Fast forward a few years after that - I gained 20 pounds, and that was the time when I REALLY felt big. I would look at the old modeling pictures of myself, where I looked amazingly fit, and the only wish I had was to get my old body back!

I am almost back to my old modeling weight now, but only after many hours, days and months spent on self-healing and finding love for myself, through Naam Yoga techniques and meditation and working out.

This experience was very hands-on teacher for me; about self-love and appreciating what you have and where you are at in life. If you can relate to my story, I invite you to learn to love yourself, no matter how imperfect you think you are, because you can always be looking, feeling worse then you are right now, having less money, etc.

Strive for the life of your dreams, and aim high, always. Yet remember to pause every so often and give gratitude for everything you are and for everything you have (and don’t have) and be happy with your process of becoming better and better every day!

Finding self-love and self-acceptance is a fun and rewarding mission and worth all the effort! 


No comments:

Post a Comment