Friday, November 29, 2013

Gluten-Free Cookies!

Now that the holidays are just around the corner, it's time to look for new recipes. I always do quite a lot of baking this time of year, but the one thing will be different this time is that I have made a commitment to only make gluten free recipes!


I already have a few on-hand thanks to my colleague and friend, Heather, who is a genius baker, but I'm always searching for new ones.

This recipe I found in a health-food store and tweaked a bit to make it vegan. These cookies are delicious and were a huge hit!


2/3 cup of coconut sugar

1/2 cup of rice flour
1 cup of hemp seeds
Cinnamon
Pinch of salt
Mix dry ingredients well.
1/2 cup coconut oil (I used heartland gold virgin coconut oil for its delicious coconuty flavour)
1 tbs of flax seeds mixed with 2 tbs water (This replaces the egg the original recipe called for)

1 teaspoon vanilla 


Mix all the ingredients together, be careful to not over mix, let the dough stand in the fridge for 10 min, take out, form little balls and put on baking sheet lined with parchment paper, allow some room between the cookies as they will flatten into close to a sesame snap.

Preheat the oven to 350 and bake for 12 min

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment