Monday, November 11, 2013

Getting Creative

So if you're wondering how I come up with my recipes, here is a bit of an insight. I open the fridge, sit myself in front of it in a lotus pose and start meditating … Jk, I don't meditate!!  I chant! Lol, ok jk again. I don't do any of that! I get into a head balance! Lol

Ok now seriously, I do often begin with looking at what's in the fridge and take it from there. This is why I always make sure I have a wide selection of spices and some staples in my pantry. Then I let my imagination and the expiration dates take the lead! 

The other day I was trying to come up with a side dish and a salad, and things just weren't working out no matter how long I chanted or how deeply I meditated. I really wasn't interested in going grocery shopping AT ALL!! So I ended up combining both ideas, and the result was a perfect warm and hearty winter salad! 

Here is how it happened:

1 - cup of uncooked quinoa
1 - large avocado
1 - cup of finely chopped celery
1/3 cup - toasted pumpkin seeds

Dressing:

3 TBSP lemon juice
1 clove of garlic
Pinch of salt and black pepper.

Cook the quinoa, let cool just a bit.

Cut the avocado into small pieces. 

Add the cut avocado, chopped celery and toasted pumpkin seeds into the cooled guinoa. Add the lemon juice garlic salt and pepper, stir lightly and enjoy! Yum yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment