Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Always have hope. ALWAYS

Chronic pain/illness can make you feel like giving up a job, household duties, and even relationships. It can also make you feel like giving up on yourself and life. This doesn't make for a very pleasant experience, to say the least.

Yes, I have done it too. Dreams and hopes of mine have been pushed aside and allowed to die. We all do it, illness or not.

I wanted to be a writer, but found that journalism wasn't for me and dropped out. After my dismal diagnosis years later, I gave up not just on writing but also myself and life. Going back to school again changed that, and I am much healthier from all I've learned working in Natural Health.

I recently met someone in the Natural Health industry who I admire very much, and have been learning a lot from during training seminars through my job. After introducing myself to her, I was shocked to find out that she too has a serious auto immune disease. I couldn't believe it! Someone I admire so much and who has achieved so much! She amazes me and look what she overcame at the same time! It is so inspiring. And it gives me hope. Hope that I haven't felt in a long time.

That same hope made me realize that the Universe has come around full circle: I have a wonderful job in a field I love, and now I am writing in a media that I like with this blog. I do what I love: learn, write and help people. Despite my health issues and wanting to give up, the Universe didn't give up on me. That's the beauty of Hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment